We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
www.alphasondesigns.com is the trading name of Armour Home Electronics Ltd. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Armour Home Electronics Ltd., Alphason House, Swan Lane, Hindley Green, WN2 4EY.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.alphasondesigns.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or when ordering products from our site.
- If you write to us (by letter or email), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you telephone us or we telephone you, we may keep a written record of that conversation. We may also record the conversation for the purposes of training and ensuring our service standards are maintained.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and held by an approved and audited payment provider. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our site.
Use for marketing purposes
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by post, telephone or email. We will only do this if you indicate you wish us to do so by ticking the relevant box on the registration form or when placing an order, or by changing your preferences on your account profile.
We may also pass your details to carefully-selected third parties for marketing purposes, and those third parties may contact you by post, telephone or email. We will only do this if you indicate you wish us to do so by ticking the relevant box on the registration form or when placing an order, or by changing your preferences on your account profile.
You can change your preferences regarding our use of your data for marketing purposes at any time by logging in to your account on our site. You may also change your preferences by contacting us at The Data Controller Armour Home Electronics Ltd., Alphason House, Swan Lane, Hindley Green, WN2 4EY or email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Armour Home Electronics Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Armour Home Electronics Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.